TD-4KX: V-Drums® V-Compact® Series
A Bold New Look for Affordable V-Drums
Based on the popular TD-4K kit, the new TD-4KX takes the best of the past — outstanding feel, versatility, and affordability — and spices it up with newly developed 6.5-inch mesh pads for high toms.
- New 6.5-inch mesh pads for high toms
- PDX-8 for floor tom
- High-quality dynamic sounds
- Easy editing with customizable tuning and muffling
- Coach function for building skills and technique
- Expandable with an optional pad or CY-12R/C ride-cymbal replacement
- Compatible with optional VH-11 V-Hi-Hat® to mount on conventional hi-hat stands
- Cable harness and DB-25 connector provided for fast, clean cable connection
TD-4KX Kit Configuration
TD-4 Percussion Sound Module x 1
PDX-8 V-Pad (Snare, Tom 3) x 2
PDX-6 V-Pad (Tom 1, Tom2) x 2
CY-8 Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 2
CY-5 Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 1
KD-8 Kick Trigger Pad x 1
FD-8 Hi-Hat Control Pedal x 1
MDS-4 Drum Stand (Option) x 1
TD-4 Percussion Sound Module
With four times the wave memory of its predecessor, the TD-4 is loaded with great drum and percussion instruments and kits. Kits can be customized with virtual tuning and muffling for the kick, snare and toms. Natural ambience effects can be adjusted as well.
- Wave-expanded sound module with 125 instruments and 25 kits
- Tuning and Muffling for the kick, snare and toms can be adjusted via the buttons and dial on the front panel
- Coach Mode with new exercises, such as Warm Ups and Tempo Check for building your accuracy and endurance
- Quick Rec function for recording your performance with just one button
- Mix In connector for playing along with external audio sources
Drum sounds onboard the TD-4 can be customized to suit your personal style. Just like with a real acoustic drum set, the TD-4’s kick, snare, and toms can be tuned up or down quickly across a wide range. The amount of muffling can be user-customized as well, from ‘70s-style choked funk to open-cannon stadium rock.
The TD-4 is equipped with Roland’s acclaimed Coach Mode, which helps you build speed, stamina and accuracy. Five skill-building exercises are onboard, including the new Warm Ups that lets you practice different exercises consecutively for 5, 10, or 15 minutes. The new Tempo Check also helps you keep consistent time by lowering the metronome volume when you are playing accurately or vice versa, and raising the click volume when you are playing out of time.
The TD-4’s "Quick REC” feature allows you to immediately record and play back your performance. It’s a great tool for listening objectively to what you’ve played, and charting your progress. And don’t forget the TD-4’s built-in metronome for keeping yourself in time. If you record with the internal metronome on, the TD-4 can even evaluate your accuracy afterward during playback.